Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sound card

• Please log in to reply

susiestarlight2003

susiestarlight2003

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Help.......
iam running windows 98 and my sound card stop working. all i know is that it is a on board sound card. yes people iam a computer idot.
someone please help me
thankyou
<_< susiestarlight

Advertisements

LINKUP19GS

LINKUP19GS

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Suzy do you think you can tell us just a little more? Have you recently added any hardware to your computer? Had a crash? reinstall? Anything more you can add will make this a little easier. Do you know what your onboard chip is? Is it still visible in your hardware manager? If so check the status of the device. By right clicking on the device- hitting "properties" - in the dialogue box it should say "this device is working properly" if not write down what the error message and code is. Write down what your device is. if you feel comfortable enough to do it start the trouble shooter. If you have no success write back with all the info on your system you can reasonably provide and we will try to figure this out for you.

LINKUP19GS

LINKUP19GS

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
OK Suzy first off is there anything more you can tell us about your system? Have you done anything to it lately such as added any hardware? Had a crash? Had to reload? Have you relocated the machine some times we plug the speakers in wrong I'm guilty of this my self. But I'm sure this is not the case. If at all possible to tell us what the sound chip name or vendor is? Is the device visible in your hardware manager? If so write down the name of the device. If it is visible is there an exclamation point by it? If so right click the device go to properties click and look in the dialogue box. What does it say? write down the error message and code. From that point you might take a whack at the truoble shooter. If not respond with all the information that you can give and we will try to take care of the problem for you.

LINKUP19GS

LINKUP19GS

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
OOPS

susiestarlight2003

susiestarlight2003

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
<_< good news;
Sound card is working :D :D :P :o