Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freeze. (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer Problembig , 17 September 2016 - 04:24 AM

HeyyI solved the problem.. it was the psu  Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Problembig

Problembig

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hey guys,

Am having a big problem about 2weeks ago.. The problem is when i play LOL i got a black screen and sometimes its green and while surfing on internet i got a red/blue screen i've update my graphic card driver and nothing changes .. i even memtest my ram no error .. 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:   Problembig,

Not enough info to be able to try and diagnose this, could be hardware or software related.

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if a brand name, provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, the Ram (including the amount) add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

Problembig

Problembig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hey thanks for the reply

I have a desktop computer :

Motherboard : p5q se

Ram : 2gb

Video card : gtx 260

Proc : Q6600 2.4g

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

With the exception of the video card your hardware only just meets the minimum requirements to play LOL, see here but I do not feel that this is the cause of your display problems.

I also asked for your PSU details, can you post them for us, brand and model name or number please.

Regarding your MB and video card, there are no Windows 10 drivers available for either, couple of questions;

Was Windows 10 a clean install or an upgrade from Windows 7 or 8.1.

What drivers are you using for both the MB and add on video card.

You are welcome btw  :)

Problembig

Problembig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hey

I dont think so i even play with 17x fps xD

The PSU is a B-MOVE 600W

And yes there is a driver for my video card http://www.nvidia.co...spx/99993/en-us

I just update from win7 to 10 

Edited by Problembig, 10 August 2016 - 11:11 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Will come back to your PSU later but will mention here that it is not the best of quality.

To see if this is a driver issue restart the computer in Safe Mode only (no networking) then do some gaming that does not require internet connection, alternatively watch a film on DVD etc, make a note of the outcome, this is to see if you still have graphics problems when not on the internet, if all is well with Safe Mode only, restart in Safe Mode with Networking and repeat the tests but this time surf the net as you describe in your OP, Safe Mode info here

The outcome of the above should give us an idea of what needs to be done next.

Problembig

Problembig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hey thanks for this information but i just clean the dust on video card and its working really good so far i'll try what you just mention if i have the problem again

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

You are welcome and thanks for the update  :thumbsup:

If the issue returns, do the steps suggested in my reply #6 + what I have added below;

Please take expanded screenshots and only use the method below to attach them.

Download Speedfan and install it.  Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.  The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.

If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

speedfan.png

(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

Download then run HWMonitor and post a screenshot so that we have a comparison to the Speedfan results, details from here

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... Click on the More Reply Options tab then after typing in any response you have... click on Choose File...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on Attach This File...on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

Problembig

Problembig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hey

Yes i will, no problem so far

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Fingers crossed and good luck  :thumbsup:

Advertisements

Problembig

Problembig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Heyy,

The problem appears again and i have this problem just when am playing a lot ... like 3-4 matches in a row

2zzsqa1.jpg

2dmi5i1.png

2icaaev.png

Edited by Problembig, 23 August 2016 - 03:56 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

What problem exactly.

You have high CPU usage for a computer that is not under any load, once we know the exact symptoms of what is happening we will have a better idea as to what to suggest, overheating looks like a strong contender judging by those screenshots.

Problembig

Problembig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hey

Thank's for the reply but how can i minimize this usage ? i already check the proc with IntelProcessor Diagnostic Tool 64bit No Error so?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

What problem exactly.

You have high CPU usage for a computer that is not under any load, once we know the exact symptoms of what is happening we will have a better idea as to what to suggest, overheating looks like a strong contender judging by those screenshots.

Please re-read my reply #12.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Not heard back from you Problembig, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.