Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR (Resolved).

Best Answer phillpower2 , 19 August 2016 - 07:49 AM

dv410s, Sorry that you have waited so long before receiving a reply to your OP   It is possible for a HDD so pass a disk check so it could still be a bad HDD I`m afraid,... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

dv410s

dv410s

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello,

I`m using Windows 8.1 Embedded, and somehow my PC ran into blue screen with " kernel data inpage error" message. When I turn it on, it gets into windows for 10 seconds, then the blue screen appears again. I ran already check disk but no bad sectors were found. I tried to format it but i got an error, so i looked up in event viewer and found this: " the file system structure on the disk is corrupted and unusable".

I really wanna know what is happening, if you could help me it would be great!

PS:  I connected that hard disk as external driver (mounted it in a rack)

Thanks !

Edited by dv410s, 12 August 2016 - 06:17 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
✓  Best Answer

:welcome:   dv410s,

Sorry that you have waited so long before receiving a reply to your OP  :(

It is possible for a HDD so pass a disk check so it could still be a bad HDD I`m afraid, do you have data on the HDD that you do not have backed up, if yes, post back and let us know, if no, test the HDD using one of the tools at the link below.

If possible select the tool that is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive TackTech if unsure use Seatools for Dos as it works well with many other brands;

Depending on the program it will create a bootable floppy or a bootable DVD/CD.

If the downloaded file is the .iso type use ImgBurn to burn the .iso file to a DVD/CD disk depending on your OS (select "Write image file to disc" option) and make the disk bootable.

RE ImgBurn: please use the custom install and uncheck the attached foistware such as "Install Entrusted Toolbar etc

Let us know how it goes.

dv410s

dv410s

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks Phillpower2 for your answer! 

I mounted the HDD into a desktop computer (till now it was on an industrial PC) and i did as you said, i made a bootable SeaTools cd. I ran the tests and the HDD passed all of them. No more blue screen now( with this new hardware) but it still not working fine. Can`t run at least checkdisk on it ...

Now i just tried to access the HDD from a live kubuntu and i can`t at least mount the drive. "The disk contains an unclean file system (0,0). Metadata kept in Windows cache, refused to mount. "

I googled about it and found something: to disable "turn on fast startup in windows". Did this 2 times already, but after any windows restart, this is checked back. Like the data cant be saved on HDD. ....  

Don`t know what to do... 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Hello dv410s,

Can`t run at least checkdisk on it ...
Now i just tried to access the HDD from a live kubuntu and i can`t at least mount the drive. "The disk contains an unclean file system (0,0). Metadata kept in Windows cache, refused to mount. "

I googled about it and found something: to disable "turn on fast startup in windows". Did this 2 times already, but after any windows restart, this is checked back. Like the data cant be saved on HDD. ....  

Looking more like a Windows as opposed to a HDD problem.

Have you checked that hibernation is not enabled, tutorial courtesy of Brink here if hibernation is already disabled thus not the cause of the issue and you are able to boot into Windows;

Download then run the Windows All in One Repair (free)  from here, disregard the malware guidance but follow the other steps to the letter and in particular ensuring that you first create a new restore point and perform a proper Windows clean boot before running the repair, details for the clean boot here.

You mention trying to format the drive in your OP;

Last resort would be to wipe the drive with DBAN this can sometimes cause a flaky HDD to fail altogether and if used I would recommend any HDD is tested with a program such as Seatools for DOS before any data is written to the device after DBAN (or any other data erasing program) has been used.

dv410s

dv410s

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Yeah, somehow my hard disk became read only. Even with DBAN , I couldn`t erase it. 

In conclusion it is hardware damaged.

Thanks a lot for help!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Sorry to hear that but thank you for letting us know.

You are most welcome btw dv4410s  :)