Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Emails

• Please log in to reply

glacerstream

glacerstream

• Pip
  • 7 posts

I created an email address, which I had for quite awhile, then I created another email address, a different one, but kept the old one also, now I think I am getting no emails coming in.  My new email address does not have my real name.  Would all this be causing me problems, and if so how do I fix the problem?

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Hi glacerstream,

No. having more than one email address is not likely to cause a problem, and neither does the user name need to be your actual name. for example

Mr John Smith could have an email address that is xyz123!!?>@ outlook.com ( or whatever!)

The likely source of email problems are:

1 Incorrect User name being used

2 Incorrect password ( passwords are case sensitive)

3 Email client being incorrectly configured

4 Browser problems if using webmail (try using an alternative and up to date browse)

5 Try setting up a new email using outlook.com or gmail and see if this helps

6 Its also possible that your ISP is blocking emails, ( either deliberately or because of a fault) you could speak to them to find out if there is a problem.

Post back and let us know how you get on

regards

paws

LongJohnSilver

LongJohnSilver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Try setting up a new email using outlook.com or gmail and see if this helps

Agreed. I have multiple email addresses and I keep track of them all in my Outlook. So my personal gmail is set up in there and two work accounts. It makes it nice and easy to manage since I don't need to sign in to three different email accounts to check them all. So whatever email provider you decide to go with, Outlook is a good idea to manage the multiple accounts from one spot.

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Hi LongJohnSilver,

It's a good point you make.

However so there is no confusion (or to reduce it as far as possible) I was referring to outlook.com rather than Microsoft Office Outlook.

outlook.com being "webmail" and the new name for what was until fairly recently called hotmail

Microsoft calling different products by somewhat similar names can become a little confusing.... well for me anyway!

:rofl:

Regards

paws

LongJohnSilver

LongJohnSilver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Ah, sorry. When I originally read your post I overlooked the .com extension. Nevertheless, it's still Microsoft. But yes, Microsoft product naming is confusing.