Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ADW Cleaner Showing 'Threats' It Can't Delete. Help!

ADW cleaner 07171AC2-0D2A-427d-BCE5-B6C2D 740F530B-DDF1-4488-8868-BA63A

• Please log in to reply

Waste of Space

Waste of Space

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Hmmm, well, for what it's worth: when Windows tells me there are new updates available to download and I tell the software to Check For Updates, the software claims that it's in the process of checking for them but nothing actually happens.  It just continues to say that it's checking for updates, on and on, but never confirms that it's found or downloaded any updates and certainly never installs them. I can leave it 'checking for updates' for literally hours (overnight, even), but it never finds any and no downloading takes place.  In the end I just click 'Cancel. 

Inevitably I tried downloading Windows Update Troubleshooter, but after I run it it just announces 'Problems installing recent updates  -  Not Fixed.'

Where one turns next, I'm unsure.  I read somewhere that a Silverlight fault might somehow be to blame, but that might just be hooey, like so many other theories and suggestions out there on't Web.  I don't want to try doing something I don't fully understand and damaging my PC in the process, like.

Thanks for reading this.

Edited by Waste of Space, 28 September 2016 - 01:23 AM.

Advertisements