Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Display Color

• Please log in to reply

suejoe

suejoe

• Pip
  • 2 posts
The background color on my computer has suddendly and irreversibly changed to a white/silver color. I have tried to go into the display option to change it back to blue, but that has not worked. In fact, the setting on the background color says that it is blue, but when this color (or any color) is applied, it remains blue. I have created a new log in user, and strangely, I can change this background color. How can I resolve this (I am using Windows XP Professional). Thanks.

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
hello and welcome to geeks to go!

right click desktop > properties > web > customize desktop > web > uncheck all check box

read THIS, then follow all the recommendations there.

suejoe

suejoe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
THanks, but after I click properties, there is no option for "Web". Is there something else I can do?

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Right click the desktop > properties > go to Desktop > customize Desktop > Web > uncheck every check box