Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not enough space in run time area, SMbios will not be available.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Austin Slater Blossey

Austin Slater Blossey

• Pip
  • 1 posts

The message "Not enough space in runtime area, SMbios will not be available, press F1 to continue" appears everytime I try booting up, restarting, or even restarting during updates. It will never boot all the way up again unless I'm there to press F1 which is really frustrating due to how frequently computers get updates now. Once it is booted up, the computer runs flawlessly and is actually very speedy considering it is a gateway desktop from 2010. I can't find anything on the web about this that is current, so I was hoping for some help here! 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

:welcome:    Austin Slater Blossey,

it is a gateway desktop from 2010. 

Could be a chipset driver issue, can I ask a couple of questions;

Have you checked that you have the latest chipset drivers and version of BIOS.

What is the model name or number of the Gateway computer.

If you shut down the computer, leave it off and disconnected from the power for a few hours on first boot is the correct time and date shown in the BIOS.