Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp pro freezes going into safemode

• Please log in to reply

littlewolf36

littlewolf36

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hi i have been getting a stop error message on my computer 0x0000007e (0xc0000005,0818c9452,oxfc90fb50,0xfc90e84c..........
i have tried going into safe sucessfully once or twice and managed to get into the area for my computer cdrive propertes and do a norton disk doctor on startup to automatically fix all errors and now when i try to get into safemode my pc freezes on me is there a way to fix this problem

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
stop 7e errors are basically errors that windows does have an error message for..kind of a catch all.

Does it list a system driver with it? xxxx.sys? That would indicate a specific driver.

This occurs only in safe mode?

Note time, reboot into safemode, wait for crash, then reboot normally, then

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

look under system for a red X that occured at the reboot time....what does it say?

I would begin with low level software if no specific drive is listed, removing firewalls and antivirus, virtual drives,,,,see if the error stops

littlewolf36

littlewolf36

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
the computer WILL NOT let me into safemode everytime i try it FREEZES