Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer update failed, cpu won't start up

acer update cpu no startup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hiimkarina

hiimkarina

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I hadn't used my laptop is a while and I figured it needed some updates. Acer notifications popped up for the updates I suspected i needed so went ahead and started them. It said it needed to reboot to install the updates so I did. While it was doing that, the screen was black with some text and a loading screen. When it finished loading, it told me that the update had failed and then the typical "press any key to continue". The issue was when it didn't. The fan would start up and the light that indicates that its on would turn on briefly, then it would click and shut off and then it would start again. It did this for five minutes when I finally decided to remove the battery to see if it would help. It did not. I tried the whole taking out the battery and holding the power button thing a couple of times and it hasnt helped either. Can I get some help?

Advertisements

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

You can only have one topic current on the same issue. As this appears not to be a malware issue I will close this thread. The one here is more appropriate. You can always come back to the malware forums later if you find it necessary. :)