Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Apps cant be opened using the built in Administrator account

Best Answer Aura , 25 August 2016 - 10:14 PM

Hi catholatho This is a known issue under Windows 10 if the UAC is disabled. You need to set it at least at the minimum level, and not completely disable it, otherwise you won't be able to open W... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

catholatho

catholatho

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

I have a Toshiba laptop. Whenever I try to open one of the microsoft apps that came with the computer (with Windows 10?) I get a pop up box with the following message:

(Name of App) can't be opened by the built in administrator account. Sign in using another account and try again. (screenshot attached)

Any advice appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• Administrator.png
  • microsoft.jpg

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
✓  Best Answer
Hi catholatho :)

This is a known issue under Windows 10 if the UAC is disabled. You need to set it at least at the minimum level, and not completely disable it, otherwise you won't be able to open Windows Apps (like Edge, Calc, etc).

Enable UAC in Windows 10: http://www.tenforums...ndows-10-a.html

catholatho

catholatho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Thanks so much

:-)