Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SDHC Card corruption

• Please log in to reply

connerYule

connerYule

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

My dad was taping my school varsity football game. He was use the same camera that he used for three years now. But he was using a new 32GB sandisk SDHC card  which he just used another one to tape my game and it was fine. But when we try to get the video this keep popping up "The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."Its not the file type (MP4) because on other cards it works.

Advertisements

EmishOrc

EmishOrc

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Normally file types that WMP (Windows Media Player) try to open are unsupported. Let's say that MKV won't work on WMP, because it doesn't support it. The only solution I can think of is trying VLC Media Player: http://www.videolan....ad-windows.html.

Read instructions carefully and beware offers during installation as those are unnecessary. Once Installed open VLC and in the corner go to media and click open, Then navigate to the SDHC card and open the video.

It should play the file now.

Edited by EmishOrc, 01 September 2016 - 12:18 AM.