Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unwanted screens that appear at bootup

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Using a desktop PC with W10 Ver 11 I get these two unwanted screens on booting, just after I click the IE icon. Can someone please tell me how I can change my settings to inhibit these screens? I do not want either of these apps.

1. Screen I carries the title Microsoft One Drive and asks me to sign in or to create a new account. The screen disappears when I hit the X in the upper right corner.

2. Screen 2 appears when I close Screen 1. It is titled Speech Recognition Error and it tells me to be sure all my audio settings are correct to enable Speech Recognition.

Thanks. ...batpark

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
For One drive

Right click or press and hold on the OneDrive icon on the taskbar notification area, and click/tap on Settings.

In the Settings tab, uncheck (turn off) the Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows box under the General section, and click/tap on OK.

http://www.tenforums...ndows-10-a.html

speech recognition turn off at start up

See here--> http://www.softwareo...ndows-8&faq=197

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

zep516: Mission accomplished re OneDrive but still struggling Thanks ...batpark

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
struggling with what ?

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Sorry: Didn't notice the typing glitch before sending. OneDrive problem solved, thanks.

Re Voice Recognition Error screen: I may never have fully installed Voice Recognition. So I am unable to get to Settings (per your instructions) when I get the unwanted Voice Recognition Error screen on boot.

Would appreciate further hand holding. .... batpark

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Lets try something different

Download HijackThis
  • Go Here to download HijackThis program
  • Save HijackThis to your desktop.
  • Right Click on Hijackthis and select "Run as Admin" (XP users just need to double click to run)
  • Click on "Do A system scan and save a logfile" (if you do not see "Do A system scan and save a logfile" then click on main menu)
  • copy and paste hijackthis report into the topic