Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ports problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

leppi88

leppi88

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi there...

My ports are vulnerable to hackers and i need some help...(please)

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

The above address is one i went into to check the vulnerability of my ports....

I clicked proceed then under Shieldup!! Services I pressed common ports and let it do a scan on my pc's ports...

i recently did it and it said everything was "stealth" which means its secure...

then i did soemthing with zonealarm or something else and i did this scan again and it comes up as closed, which means no one is accessing the ports but they are volatile to hackers...

i dont know how to get them "stealthed again" :tazz:(((

I installed zonealarms again, no go...put mcafee firewall on, no go...

now i just installed "norton internet security" which has a firewall, antivirus and spammer check but still no luck.

I also went into start, regedit and under HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE i look for anything to do with zonealarms, deleted it then reinstalled it, still no go...

i have tried the following programs:

1. mcafee firewall
2. norton firewall
3. hacker smacker
4. tiny personal firewall

etc....

If you have any idea how i can get my ports stealthed again could you please let me know?

thanks.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Closing this topic as it is a duplicate post. Please stick to ONE thread only for the same problem. Thank you for your cooperation. :tazz: