Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

1 short Beep HELP please

• Please log in to reply

Kenneth Salvador

Kenneth Salvador

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Im playing with my pc then im going to transfer it from another case then after that when i try opening my computer i got a 1 short beep like 2-3 or 4 seconds then done no displays on keyboard on monitor but fans working i remove 1by 1 gpu fans hdd cmos i swtich ram slots still 1 beep even no ram still got 1 beep is it the psu? Or motherboard i got 300 watts psu only and an aspire tc 605 motherboard. Help guys thanks.

//moved to the appropriate subforum /Naathim

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

:welcome:   Kenneth Salvador,

The beep pattern that you describe could point towards either a problem with the RAM or a system short, the fact that the beep pattern is the same with the RAM removed and you have moved the MB from one case to another makes a system short more likely, post back if you still require assistance with it and we can go from there.

If the problem is still present I strongly suggest that you leave the power disconnected until you have gotten back to us.