Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc keeper removal [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

@mber25

@mber25

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Trying to remove the app "PCkeeper". Googled a solution. Downloaded plumbytes anti-malware programme. Problem is my laptop is so slow and freezing as well as flashes black and restarts. Trying to complete the scan but failing horribly. Please help.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi @mber25,

Welcome to GeeksToGo! :)

No need to create multiple topics. I took take of the other two for the moment. Please stay with this topic here as I help guide you through the removal process. :)

Stop the plumbytes anti-malware programme scan and see if you can do the following so I can get a log report to see what is going on with your computer. Do not download and install any other programs unless I say to.

For now, do download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to your desktop from one of the links below:

For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.
For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64.
  • Right click on the FRST.exe and choose Run as administrator.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Under Optional Scan make sure there is a checkmark in the box for Addition.txt to ensure it creates that 2nd log.
  • Press Scan button.
  • Please post both logs in your next reply.
Thank you,
Donna :)

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi @mber,

Do you still need help?

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.