Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not sure if this is a virus or not. (Please Help!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,
Your machine is clean,

It's a nice looking machine, not even left over entries. Malwarebytes also showed clean except for the 1 item.

Our frst scan however did not like this program in your uninstall list.
Caster

I don't know much about that Caster app some steam app, perhaps you know more.

Don't go around windows an looking for weird files there are a lot of them.

There were no errors concerning kaspersky anti virus, however that does not mean it could not have a glitch or 2 as you indicated.

Advertisements

Htimez2

Htimez2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Thank you sooooo much, you are a life saver man. I was stressing out and I feel much better now. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you taking your free time to assist me, if there is anything I can do to return the favor let me know, or if you have a website or link for donations also let me know, would love to make a small donation to you for being such a big help. 

Htimez2

Htimez2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

and yes, caster was a steam game I never played anyway so I will uninstall just to be super safe. 

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Donations excepted, see if this paypal link works. I never use it, because no one makes donations to me :(

https://paypal.me/computerhelpUS

Htimez2

Htimez2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Yes the link worked. I donated $10, hope it is a fair tip for helping me out so fast. Thanks again man. 

Edited by Htimez2, 07 September 2016 - 05:43 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Thank you very much, I'll keep the topic open for a few days in case of anything.

You can delete frst and the log files also.

Htimez2

Htimez2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Gotcha, I removed them. 

Htimez2

Htimez2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

On a side note, I reinstalled kaspersky, but it looked completely different then it did before I uninstalled it. Thought that was odd because I could not find the same window that I included the pic of before to see if reinstalling fixed the issue, had to read this to figure out they changed the menus etc http://usa.kaspersky...-Total-Security

So since I cannot exactly find the same window to compare/see if the symbols are gone etc I will assume it fixed the issue. Just thought I would update this post on the whole ordeal lol. 

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Thanks for the up date on the post.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
You usually get infected because your security settings are too low.

Here are a number of recommendations that will help tighten them, and which will contribute to making you a less likely victim:

Safe Computing Practices please read Here

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thanks
Joe :)

Advertisements