Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer keeps freezing

computerfreezing computercrash techsupport help

• Please log in to reply

Altethia

Altethia

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi i am really getting frustrated with this as i have done literally everything to fix this problem but it wont work.Anyways what the issue is,my computer will freeze when i try to download games or play them(Browsing the internet seems fine but if i watch videos it will freeze in like 5-10 minutes as well as playing or downloading games),it will freeze on the image of what i was doing at the time it froze(no black or blue screens)and the mouse and keyboard will be unresponsive also when i have the volume up sometimes(not all the time) a buzzing noise will come out of it.i took my computer into the shop a couple days ago and when i took it in they said it was probably a hard disk issue, but after they tested everything they told me it was the power supply so i went out and got a new one but still no luck,so i even did a reinstall of windows 10 and that didn't work either, and also i got a new graphics card even before taking it into the shop so honestly i have no idea what the issue is. I'm honestly at a loss and this is just frustrating me but here are my specs(taken from speccy)

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU:AMD FX-4300 Vishera 32nm Technology

RAM: 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M LX3 (AM3R2)

Graphics: K242HQL (1920x1080@60Hz) 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 (ZOTAC International)

Storage: 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00KUWA0 ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives:HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS95 ATA Device

Audio: High Definition Audio Device

Also the power supply i got was an EVGA 750 BQ 750 watt Bronze power supply

also the temps on my computer range from:

cpu:7°C-17°C

motherboard:31°C

Graphics Card:33 °C

Hard disc drive: 25 °C

That's how it is right now when not playing games,but i cant download or play any games due to constant freezing.Also i don't think the computer is overheating since its always really cool when playing games.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:welcome: Altethia

Let's test the HDD to confirm it is OK, then we will test the memory. 

Please download/run Data Lifeguard.   Read the instructions and perform the Extended Test, (WARNING, do not run WRITE ZEROS)  let us know the results. http://support.wdc.c...ds.aspx?lang=en

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

Been a while since we heard from you!!!   If you have solved your Issue, please let us know the solution, or do you need further help?   An update would be appreciated.

Thanks.