Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dual boot

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Abhi Tripathi

Abhi Tripathi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Sir i have a problem i want to install dual os with recovery cd of windows 7 and recovery cd of Ubuntu 12 i want to install both operating system with recovery cd please help me

Advertisements

tb1020610

tb1020610

• Pip
  • 1 posts

You will need a computer with windows 7 already on it, or a windows 7 installation disk to install windows 7 first.  When everything is settled out and running the way you want it to, you will be able to burn a live cd/dvd for the flavor of linux you want.  Then install the linux system with the live cd/dvd after doing the partiton shrinking and adding the required partitions to install the new OS.  BUT be careful and check out everything so you understand it or you will have to start all over with a fresh formatted HD.

I added Ubuntu 14.04 to my gateway that came with windows 8.  Did a lot of looking online first, and have had no problems with the dual booting.  I am studying to add a third OS to the computer to make it triple boot.

emma02

emma02

• Pip
  • 6 posts

What do you mean by recovery CD? Anyhow, first install Windows OS and then Ubuntu if you want Windows boot loader to show up for choosing the Operating Systems.

1. Install Windows OS. http://www.wikihow.c...s-7-(Beginners)

The above link will guide you installing Windows. If it is Windows 7, 8 or 10 no major changes.

2. Install Ubuntu https://www.tecmint....8-in-dual-boot/

The above guides will teach you how to do it step by step with screenshots. Let me help if you are stuck at any point. Reply this thread with your query so that i can help.