Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

clipboard not working randomly (Resolved).

Best Answer phillpower2 , 20 September 2016 - 10:23 AM

Hello Lico Solo, Download then run the Windows All in One Repair (free)  from here, disregard the malware guidance but follow the other steps to the letter and in particular ensuring that... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Lico Solo

Lico Solo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

I could print screen from anywhere and paste anywhere but lately at random I can't copy/paste. And when I can the clipboard will not clear the previous copy.

I have searched for answers but none really works. I have a suspicion that all started when I bought the HP 7612 printer and run out of ink the first day.

I have used cmd.exe /c echo off | clip and sitll will not clear the clipboard. Also used sfc /scannow without results.

Right now I am able to copy/paste.

Advertisements

chrissymarie

chrissymarie

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Lico Solo  Do you have restore points created if you do try restoring your system back to a point before installing HP 7612. report back with the results. Here is a link how to use system restore.

https://goo.gl/2XWc

Lico Solo

Lico Solo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Thanks for the help. My PC had worked well since 2012 and now just does not run well, sometimes even the keyboard will not work.

Windows 7 (64bit)  will not do anything when restarting and pressing F8, shows only F2, F7 and F10 and no safe mode option.

Tried restoring but it won't work. (0x80070003)

Weird, the first time I started the PC this morning the clipboard did not work, now it does. Also Windows will not update (error 80070424) that I tried the recommended fix but to no avail. Should I just reload Windows?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello Lico Solo,

Download then run the Windows All in One Repair (free)  from here, disregard the malware guidance but follow the other steps to the letter and in particular ensuring that you first create a new restore point and perform a proper Windows clean boot before running the repair, details for the clean boot here.

Lico Solo

Lico Solo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have done the clean boot and Windows All in One Repair. Really have no idea what went on but I followed directions and so far everything is ok.
Thank you very much.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

You are most welcome and thank you for letting us know that all is now well Lico Solo  :thumbsup: