Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connection Drops when at around full speed

• Please log in to reply

Messi10

Messi10

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi all,

So my connection keeps constantly dropping when I'm doing anything more taxing than just browsing forums, ie watching youtube or downloading. I keep resetting the router and it keeps dropping and the back-and-forth goes on until it resets completely to where I have to go to the ISP page and reboot the router.

When the connection drops, all the lights on the router stay on. The DSL, the PPP and the ethernet which just starts blinking every second.

The weird thing is at times the connection wont drop at all, even if I'm utilizing the full speed of my internet, which is 10Mbps. The time between drops varies. Sometimes it takes a minute, sometimes as soon as I attempt to reload a page with a video or stream it immediately drops.
I tried winsock, ip release/renew and probably a bunch of other stuff, like checking on the resource monitor (the only two processes I didn't recognize were DasHost.exe and rdpc2.exe)

Here's the last part of my September logs, the last two days

ozrZXjb.jpg

Could it be a faulty router?

Thanks

Advertisements