Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Return of DLL Errors (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 01 October 2016 - 03:37 PM

You still have a load of junk on your computer and for all we know one of the programs below that I have highlighted in red could be updating/reinstalling drivers that you do not need, 01/10/2... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

cigos

cigos

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

I put up a DLL Error topic on the 20th inst and the advice given swiftly by TECH solved the

problem.  However, today two more annoying DLL Errors resurfaced with details shown on

my attachment.

Sorry to be a nuisance but I tried the link provided by TECH and checked the NVIDIA driver

again but the errors persist.

Further advice would help this old pensioner!

Kind regards, Cigos

Attached Thumbnails

• DLL Errors.PNG

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Hello cigos,

Uninstalling and reinstalling all of the Nvidea software may be required but before doing so lets take a look elsewhere;

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

cigos

cigos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Hello cigos,

Uninstalling and reinstalling all of the Nvidea software may be required but before doing so lets take a look elsewhere;

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

cigos

cigos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

I hope I have got this right!   Speccy downloaded and resultant URL  is http://speccy.pirifo...zJyYG1MnyYrIAEK

Cigos

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
The only Nvidea service shown not to be running is NVIDIA NetworkService Container which unless you have an Nvidea Shield device you do not need in any event, problem is it may have attempted to load and been stopped by something else, what I would suggest is fully uninstall all of the Nvidea software and reinstall only the GTX 960 graphics drivers, unless you are a gamer that records game play etc you really do not need anything else and you should only update drivers if it is to address a known problem, latest drivers Version 372.90 - WHQL here

Other things of note in Speccy, one or more could actually be causing the present problem;

Your AV protection is shown to be Avast but you also have Iobit Malware Fighter installed, this will cause conflicts of all sorts, Avast is good, Iobit is not highly thought of so I suggest you get rid of it.

Can I ask if you are aware that Avast has installed SafeZone browser plug in into your browser.

Antivirus
Avast Antivirus
Antivirus: Enabled
Company Name: AVAST Software
Product Version: 12.3.2280
Virus Signature Database: Up to date
Windows Defender

IMF.exe
Process ID: 8444
User: SYSTEM
Domain: NT AUTHORITY
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\IMF.exe
Memory Usage: 43 MB
Peak Memory Usage: 69 MB
IMFsrv.exe
Process ID: 2500
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\IMFsrv.exe
Memory Usage: 5.17 MB
Peak Memory Usage: 9.88 MB
LiveUpdate.exe
Process ID: 2072
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\LiveUpdate\LiveUpdate.exe
Memory Usage: 10 MB
Peak Memory Usage: 11 MB

The following are scheduled updates, some of the software should not be allowed near a computer and others you should manually check for updates yourself, you are less likely to get malware infection or bad updates if you stick to this routine, if its not broke, don`t fix it.

Scheduler
24/09/2016 22:05;: Adobe Flash Player Updater Check for updates yourself but only if having issues or if prompted to.
24/09/2016 22:19;: GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-1570467887-2726206698-1849743691-1003UA
24/09/2016 22:20;: GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA
25/09/2016 10:21;: SafeZone scheduled Autoupdate 1458720217 Often installs without a person knowing and can cause conflicts with other brand AV products.
25/09/2016 21:00;: Adobe Acrobat Update Task  Check for updates yourself but only if having issues or if prompted to.
25/09/2016 21:19;: GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-1570467887-2726206698-1849743691-1003Core
25/09/2016 21:20;: GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore
25/09/2016 22:00;: Patch My PC Check for updates yourself but only if having issues or if prompted to by Adobe.
ASC9_SkipUac_david Iobit Advanced System care is junk, it is at best a gimmick and at worst a danger to any computer, see info here
CCleanerSkipUAC Not necassary to allow this to schedule checking for updates, the average user should only need to run CCleaner once every couple of wks, update manually when you actually run CCleaner.
Driver Booster Scheduler This and all of the following are junk that will slow down your computer and have the potential to hose it, no good comes from any Iobit or Glary programs.
Driver Booster SkipUAC (david)
GlaryInitialize 5
GU5SkipUAC
PrivaZer_SkipUAC
SmartDefrag_AutoAnalyze
SmartDefrag_Startup
SmartDefrag_Update
SnailDriverSkipUSC
Uninstaller_SkipUac_david

cigos

cigos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

I was not aware but you are correct.  Safezone browser is on my C Drive.

Do I need to remove it now?

Cigos

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Entirely up to you Cigos but I would be more concerned with getting rid of all of the other junk that I mention in my reply #5 and trying a fresh install of the drivers for the video card, no Geforce Experience etc.

Just some info on the Avast SafeZone browser, Avast has done nothing untoward by installing it as when you install Avast you agree to the EULA which includes permitting Avast to modify their products on your computer, there is also a custom installation option which allows an end user to install some but not all of the Avast components, Avast FAQ here explains.

cigos

cigos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

uninstalled NVIDIA drivers but when I tried to download 372.90 driver I have

message 'Nvidia installation cannot continue, not compatible with this version

of windows.'

cigos

cigos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Also says it could not find the hardware.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Not sure which 2GB version of the card you actually have so please download the appropriate Windows 10 drivers for your card from the selection here

Advertisements

cigos

cigos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

The spec when I bought it described it as an Nvidia 2GB GeForce GTX 960 graphics card.

I cannot recognise which driver on your link applies.  Are there any clues  to identify

which of the many on your link which refers to mine? 

Cigos

cigos

cigos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Drivers downloaded but DLL errors still a problem.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Have you carried out all of the remedial steps that I suggested.

cigos

cigos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Yes.  GeForce Experience is still on my drive, though. Do I get rid of that as well?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Yes, uninstall GeForce Experience and, test then post back with an update for us.