Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

So what do you think? Opinions please

• Please log in to reply

Ray-in-Kingwood

Ray-in-Kingwood

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Well after many MANY numerous hours of research, videos, etc. I have decided to build my own PC.

Please view my selections and advise.

• My one variable that I am concerned with primarily is the use of water cooling.

It seems air is darn near just as good and no leak issues. I chose to select air.

• Are AIO's dependable in terms of leakage long term?

• My motherboard selection had the built in wi-fi as this will be the  method of connecting on this one. This was and important issue for me. My current wi-fi is smokin' fast @ a consistent 100 mbps

http://pcpartpicker....od/saved/rXbjXL

My usage is lots of internet, vids, etc.....only occasional gaming. I wanted the gaming capability for when my kids come home from time to time.......(graduated college and finally gone! )

I looked at all the prebuilts and decided I could make a far superior future proofed system. I tend to keep my computers for more than 5 years before ungrading with new.

My others are so old they are good for donations only.

My display of choice for the monitor will be the Dell curved 34 inch.

Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide Monitor (U3415W Black)  which I have found for $649 online now. 

Thank you in advance for your opinions and suggestions. I appreciate your recommendations.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:welcome:  Ray-in-Kingwood.

That's a great build.   

Your gpu and cooler fit OK in the case.   It does not have a bay for a OD, so you will need to create bootable USB media for the OS and MB Disk, or, simpler, get an external OD drive   I would also check that the fan controller Hub can individually vary the fan speed.

If you intend to use an existing OS disk, it must be a Retail version and installed on one machine at a time.   If an OEM version, already used, you will not be able to use it. .