Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Vaio VPCYB35AG does not POST (turns on but no display)

vaio post boot

• Please log in to reply

dee-u

dee-u

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yesterday it's battery was low so it's LED was blinking, as I was going home already I long pressed the Power button to turn it off. But upon trying to turn it again, only its LED is now turning on, there is no indicator that the harddisk is active (checked the harddisk and it was fine) as it's indicator light is not turning on. I removed everything and reseated everything to no avail. I even tried using another monitor but no, it is not the monitor. 

The green LED of the Power button is turning on but there is no display in the monitor, no post. I am out of ideas on how to solve this. Anyone who have some hints I could try? Even clicking the Assist button does not display anything on the monitor. 

Thank you so much in advance!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:welcome:   dee-u,

When you tried the external display did you press the Fn and F7 keys to toggle to external display mode, if yes, try removing the RAM then with the RAM removed power up the computer to see if you get any error beeps, guide here to help with removing the RAM, see pages 82 to 84.