Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HIJACKTHIS HELP!

• Please log in to reply

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi, I have been trying, un-successfully, to download hijackthis from it's offical web site.

Every time that I try I get an "I'm sorry note" saying that powerdesk 5 has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Where, or how can I get a download of hijackthis, other than their offical site?

Is it possiable that a virus or trojan may be keeping me from being able to get this download?

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone might provide. Mickey

Advertisements

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hello!

We host HiJackThis on our website as well.

Try downloading it from here

Let us know if that works! :tazz:

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi, thanks for the help. Things were bad, then I followed your link and things got better, I was able to get hijackthis downloaded.

Then things got worse! Shoot I got a warning that said hijackthis had went and downloaded it's self into a temp folder, and that I should move it to it's own folder before I used it.

That little bugger has plumb disappeared! Where the heck do I go to find it? I ran search and it says that it's not on my HD.

If I can't find it. how can I get it to download to C:\?

Thanks for any help. Wendy

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hi Wendy,

Check your temporary folders for it.

C:\Windows\Temp

If it is not there, redownload the program, and when you download it, save it to a folder on your desktop.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Justin, Thanks for the help. I looked every where that said Temp and that file was no-where to be found so I did like you said and now I have that little bugger traped in a file of it's very own.

Now if I can find some instructions on how to use it I will get busy with it. Thanks again for your help. Bye
Wendy

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hi Wendy,

Sorry for the delay in my response, I have been out of town.

Please follow the directions in this link

Please let me know if you have anyu more questions.