Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet slow, almost unresponsive, please help, needed for work

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 23,911 posts
Let me ask a question.  Is it possible to reset computer to factory settings so it's the way it was when first purchased?  Do you think this would help?

Only if you have either a recovery partition or HP recovery media that you made when the computer was new, to check for a recovery partition, restart the computer while continually tapping the F11 key, let us know what, if anything happens.

Advertisements

truder

truder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
When I press f11 in the bottom left is says system recovery and upon loading the recovery manager appears. Welcome to the recovery manager. Use this program to recover your computer to its original factory condition. Then my option are to click either advanced options, next or cancel.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 23,911 posts

When you click "Next" it should restore the HDD to the way it was when the computer shipped, this includes minus all of the updates that you ever installed.

NB: It will completely erase any personal data so make sure that you back anything important up before proceeding.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 23,911 posts

Not heard back from you truder, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.