Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Enter network password" problem

• Please log in to reply

Rosie2

Rosie2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I posted this question to 2 other lists but have not had any replies as yet. The problem is now getting worse and I just can not send any mail at all today. So I am reposting here.
Sorry to anyone who has read this before, but i'm getting desparate :D :D

Hi all

I have a problem with Outlook which has occurred since downloading SP2 – but didn’t coincide with the download, my mail worked fine for a week after installation. Then 2 days ago I started getting a pop up box every time I try to send mail (incoming mail is not affected). The pop up states “Enter Network Password” and is auto filled in with required details… I press OK and the pop up closes…only to pop back up again…and again…and again….till I press cancel, at which point my mail send is stopped. The problem is intermittent – some times I can send mail, but on the next try it won’t go. Shut down and restart doesn’t cure it when it’s in a “No No” mode!!

I run Windows XP Professional with SP2 installed, Mail Washer (with First Alert!), Blinkz, Onspeed (no broadband where I live!) and have Yahoo messenger (disabled start up) installed. Also Norton AV & Firewall, Pest Patrol and WinPatrol.
I have outlook 2002 with SP3.

Any help out there??? Please <_<

Liz

PS I’m *not* Networked – this is a stand alone computer

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Onspeed (no broadband where I live!)

Is this a broadband or dial-up connection?

Rosie2

Rosie2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi
Been out all day - so sorry for delay in reply.
This is a dial up connection.
Thanks

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Have you contacted you ISP? Seems to me the problems lay with the mail servers on their end.