Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Build 1607 issues

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

wizardofmann

wizardofmann

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the latest 'Anniversary' download?

Since installation, both my computers have minor but really annoying issues.

1. My internet provider has a free VPN facility and once connected the disconnect button has disappeared. I removed and set it up again to no avail!

2. Skype kept partially loading, then announcing it was not responding and promptly shutting down! I re-installed it just now and seems to work but will not connect the cam!

3. All the stupid apps I uninstalled have all re-installed themselves.

4. My Windows 10 logon screen has disappeared and the logon menu appears over the windows screen saver.

That is all that I have come across so far but I'm sure more will rear their ugly heads.

I Googled the issue and it seems I am just one of a million or so who are experiencing problems with build 1607. I can count myself lucky as some people have far more serious problems than me and are tearing their hair out. I'm OK as I don't have any, well not on my head anyway.

Advertisements

wizardofmann

wizardofmann

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Thankyou for the reply but I have now gone back to the previous build and changed my update settings. In future I will decide when major updates will be installed but only after checking to make sure there are no major issues involved.