Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Headset audio/mic adapter question

• Please log in to reply

Decrotie2004

Decrotie2004

• Pip
  • 3 posts

good afternoon Geeks,

i have quite an issue, and i dont know how to solve it or if there is even a solution. 

I want to connect 2 headsets with audio and mic capabilities to a single in line. both headsets are 3.5mm CTIA standard jacks, and i can not find an adapter that would take 2 3.5mm CTIA lines and make them one.

I am trying to plug 2 headsets into a computer so that both people can hear the same audio in separate headsets and both can speak into separate mic's and have it recorded.

is this possible, if so, what adapter would i need if there is one. Otherwise would i have to get multiple y splits, divide each 3.5mm jack into audio and mic separate then join the mic and audio together separately then bring those into another adapter to bring it all back to 3.5mm CTIA standard?

help

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

Is this what you mean.

https://www.amazon.c...9SEEYV9ARHC6EZS

Decrotie2004

Decrotie2004

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

not exactly in the description it says "Note: it is a splitter, not a combiner" i don't think this would support the mic on the headsets.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
I can't seem to find one, but I'm looking.

Joe

Decrotie2004

Decrotie2004

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I am going to the store to try something, if it works i will update this incase anyone else has this question.