Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL tcpip.sys (Resolved).

Best Answer msbug , 27 October 2016 - 11:28 AM

I apologize. Couldn't get back on laptop and just bought a new desktop. I appreciate all the help. The new desktop has windows 10, which I am getting use to. It came with a month of McAfee which I... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

msbug

msbug

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

My computer just keeps spinning and takes forever to load anything for the past week. I have a Windows 7 HP laptop. I did my MSE and Malwarebytes scan and came up with nothing. Now tonight it came up a couple of times with Driver IRQL and I couldn't read the rest because the computer went to the start in safemode or normal. I can follow instructions pretty well, but I am not a computer whiz. Thank you.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Hello msbug,

The DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL tcpip.sys error is commonly associated with network drivers be it ethernet or wireless but it can also involve bluetooth and the internet connection in general.

How does the computer behave if you boot into Safe Mode only (no networking).

How does the computer behave if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Not heard back from you msbug, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Sorry. Dealing with a Hurricane the last few days. It only popped up with that Driver message once and not again. I refreshed Firefox and it began to work quicker, but now it is slowing down again. Not everytime, but some times. I haven't tried what you suggested but will try. Thanks.

Was looking on a site and a firefox patch update came up and I think that it is not a true firefox update. I have done my scans and no virus or trojans.

Edited by msbug, 11 October 2016 - 07:00 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

No worries, we understand that computer problems will be the last thing on your mind..

FF info acknowledged.

Back to the following please;

How does the computer behave if you boot into Safe Mode only (no networking).

How does the computer behave if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking.

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

I did safemode with networking and it seemed to be faster and worked fine, but only tried it for 15 minutes. Without networking, I played a game and it was ok.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Looks like a third party driver or program is causing the issue then, remember in my reply #2 I mentioned the following;

The DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL tcpip.sys error is commonly associated with network drivers be it ethernet or wireless but it can also involve bluetooth and the internet connection in general.

Can we first of all check for any dmp files that may be available;

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.

2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.

3. Upload the zip folder using the More Reply Options tab then the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Hope this is correct. Thanks.

Attached Files

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Well, I had a question on my TWC bill and while we were talking she said I had the wrong modem for extreme speeds. I just turned it in and now my computer works betdter for now. Could that be what was wrong? I will see if it works better.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Well, I had a question on my TWC bill and while we were talking she said I had the wrong modem for extreme speeds. I just turned it in and now my computer works betdter for now. Could that be what was wrong? I will see if it works better.

Not sure on that, an under performing modem would normally just be slow to connect and regularily timing out etc, not likely that it would cause the computer to blue screen.

Thanks FreeBooter  :thumbsup:

Advertisements

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

I have wireless. The Driver message only came up once and hasn't since then. So far last night and this morning the computer is not timing out. I have three of those files. I right clicked and said send to desktop and then chose one for zip. Once the files come up how do I send to desktop? Sorry not overly computer literate.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
I have wireless.

And so are using a wireless router, possibly one with a built in modem, this still does not explain why you were told that you had "the wrong modem for extreme speeds" whatever that even means  :headscratch:

The Driver message only came up once and hasn't since then

From your OP;

Now tonight it came up a couple of times with Driver IRQL and I couldn't read the rest because the computer went to the start in safemode or normal.

Are we talking about the same error message here.

Can`t really explain any other way how to save and upload the dmp files;

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.
2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the More Reply Options tab then the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

I pull up the dump files and right click. It has send to: desktop(shortcut). I did that and then right clicked and make zip folder. Am I putting it on the desktop wrong. Sorry. Never did this.

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Hope this is it.

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Sorry but that is the shortcut again, are you copying the contents of the dmp file to the desktop first;

1: Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump and drag the contents to your desktop.