Unless you did this yourself, malware has changed your Chrome version into the Development Build. Among other things this allows malware to install any extension it wants. We need to resolve this.
1. If you have bookmarks, let's save them by exporting them - Export Bookmarks
2. Then I need you to go Google Sync
and sign into your account
3. Scroll down until you see the "Stop and Clear"
button and click on the button. At the prompt click on "Ok"
4. Now we need to uninstall chrome via control panel .Note
: When asked about user data or settings you must remove this also so please check the box.
5. Restart the computer and reinstall chrome, You can download The latest version from here - Google Chrome
6. Import your bookmarks back into Chrome
7. Sign back in to your Chrome browser so that your bookmarks sync with your online account.Next
Download the enclosed => file
Save it in the location FRST64 is. Run FRST and click on the Fix
button. Wait until finished. The tool will make a log in the location FRST is, (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.Next
Please download adwCleaner
to your desktop.
- Close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.
- Click the logfile button and the log will open in Notepad.
- Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.
- A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished and the PC has rebooted.
- Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
- The report will be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.
Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts. See Here how to disable you security protection (Anti Virus)
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.
Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.
In your next reply post
3. Junk Removal tool.