Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 recovery usb drive

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

rigs

rigs

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

I made a recovery USB drive after installing Windows 10 in my dell. I now have installed the windows anniversary 1607 update. I thought that I had 30 days like after installing Windows 10. well, the time allowed has passed and thankfully I've had no problems with it. My question is, do I need to redo a recovery USB drive with the new update?

thank you

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts
It might be a wise move.
If you use the old recovery USB then you would still have to download and install the "anniversary" update... its a big download,and sometimes the install can go wrong...
So to sum up it would be well worth while considering your back up position..... if it was my machine i would have some good disc images as well!
Regards
paws

rigs

rigs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

thank you for your reply............

I do have another question.  how can I do a recovery drive into a disc instead of a usb drive,  last recovery drive I made, windows would only d/load it to a usb drive.  I hope my question is understandable....

thank you

Boice

Boice

• Pip
  • 6 posts

thank you for your reply............

I do have another question.  how can I do a recovery drive into a disc instead of a usb drive,  last recovery drive I made, windows would only d/load it to a usb drive.  I hope my question is understandable....

thank you

Create a recovery drive into a disc should be the same as you do with USB. :huh: If it can not load indeed, you may create bootable disc via some third-party tool if you need.