Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Volume of programs / sound scheme changes all the time

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

River Horse

River Horse

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

The volumes (and or the sound scheme of Win 10) of the programs (many portable versions) are changing all the time (in the same session and after restarting Win). So, for instance sometimes the e-mail notification of (the portable) Thunderbird is extreme loud, sometimes there is no sound. Sometimes the volume for (portable) Firefox is shown, sometimes it is not (scrolling in that window), after I have reduced the volume of FIrefox, pull down the slider to e.g. 4, the next time the slider is at about 60 or so):

fqt1O1p.png

How could I correct it?

Edited by River Horse, 14 October 2016 - 04:55 AM.

Advertisements

River Horse

River Horse

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Thank you very much!

The icon in the system tray is gone since the last ´Win update a few days ago.

Right click the sound icon at notification area and select Playback devices make sure your sound card is default playback device. Select default playback device and click  Properties button. From Enhancements tab place a check mark for Disable all sound effects

Do you mean "Disable all enhancements"? I cannot find Disable all sound effects in that tab:

Qm3mvoC.png

I have now set it like this:

S64Eie7.png

g7CBywT.png

Now I have to wait to see what happens.

Firefox is open but not displayed in the sound mixer:

B49UOY8.png

Can one display the sound mixer window after opening it always maximized so one could see all of the programs in it, like above and not:

SD4iOYY.png:

Many thanks again.

Edited by River Horse, 18 October 2016 - 11:17 AM.

River Horse

River Horse

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Alright, many thanks for the script, I will try it at the next occasion to restart the Notebook.

Because you have disabled Allow applications take exclusive control of this device option some program wont able to control of the sound card that may be the reason Firefox missing from sound mixer window

Good, so this should make the sound system work properly, now, that would be great.

OK, yes, as I often have to open the sound mixer resizing the window each time is annoying.

Many thanks