Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Blue Screen Of Death / Computer Fan RPM's high

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, I'll be honest I know nothing about computers so if any answer could be simplified for a computer idiot. Anyways, Lately I have been getting the blue screen of death as I read on google. I restored my system settings to about 3 weeks ago and It's definitely slowed it down. Also my computer fan is running extremely loud more regular then I feel it should be. I cleaned it out with air and removed a bunch of dust about a week ago. It helped a lot. Today it's started getting out of control again. I downloaded an app that tracks your computer temperature and fan speed and since I am completely new to computers I don't know how to properly read it. It shows like this:

Fan1: 2157 RPM

Fan 2: 1400 RPM

Temp 1: 43C

Temp 2: 69C

Temp 3: -128C

HDO: 29C

GPU: 53C

Core: 65C

I noticed my computer fan looks like it has some dust that has built onto it that the air compressor couldn't remove. Could this be a cause of this? What is the best solution to get rid of it since it's behind some objects I can't get in and tight to clean the actual petals of the fan.

EDIT: If anybody needs more details let me know I'd be more then happy to help.

Edited by snorman22, 16 October 2016 - 06:01 PM.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,691 posts

:welcome:   snorman22,

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if a brand name, provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, the Ram (including the amount) add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.

2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.

3. Upload the zip folder using the More Reply Options tab then the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,691 posts

Not heard back from you snorman22, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.