Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Youtube video and other media will load, but is unable to play

windows 8 youtube playback loading

• Please log in to reply

pjmeach

pjmeach

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Earlier I was trying to watch youtube videos, but the player decided to stop working. So, I took steps to uninstall and reinstall Firefox, ensure my plug-ins were updated, and tried Microsoft Edge as well - all to no avail. I then cleared my cache and user data, as well as tried to do homework and found that adobe flash wasn't working in browser either. The odd thing is that the video and sound files are loading, just not playing back. I have attached some screenshots to demonstrate the issue. I should also add that the plugins are responsive. I can change volume, press play, and click on all of the features, the media just won't play.

Troubleshooting picture 1: I can load another part of a video, but it won't play, even if I click the play button. I can make it go full screen and change the volume, but still no play back. Could I be missing a plugin?

Troubleshooting picture 2: I have loaded more of the file in flash, but still no playback.

Any and all help is appreciated thank you.

Attached Thumbnails

• Troubleshooting.jpg
  • Troubleshooting2.jpg

Advertisements

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Hello pjmeach,

I am by no means an expert, but was wondering if you have uninstalled (and then re-installed) the flash player. You need to download the flash uninstaller to do that. Instructions can be found at https://helpx.adobe....er-windows.html

Chris.