Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Profile won't log in

• Please log in to reply

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

My Windows profile won't log in.  I am running a Toshiba Satellite L755D-S5204 with Windows 7. I did not get an error code. Is it possible to fix this?

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts
Hi, There can be a number of reasons for this and the fix depends on what is causing the failure to log on.

1 Please restart your computer and watch carefully for any messages that may appear, write them down and post them in your reply(if you have access to a digital camera then photograph all the screens that refer to the problem and post them here.)

2 Have you tried logging on in safe mode/

3 Are you asked for a password when attempting to log on?

4 Have you tried logging on with the "Administrator" account if you have that enabled on your computer?

Regards
paws

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

I created a new log in and it got an error but it fixed itself when I rebooted. Should I be worried?

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

I am worried because a similar error happened to my other profile and I am worried it might be a problem with Windows.

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Hi RebelGamer137,

For some reason you seem reluctant to tell us the exact details of the error message you have received.

We do not know why this is so, and also why you have not submitted the exact wordings of them or photographs of the screens concerned. As requested  twice now and by each of your helpers.

Consequently  we are "in the dark" as to the precise reason for the error and the remedial actions that you may need to take.

Please remember that you are the one in front of your screen, whilst we may be hundreds or even thousands of miles away and must rely upon your accurate reports of what exactly you see before you on your computer so that we can formulate the best set of recommendations for you.

Regards

paws

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

My main problem is I simply don't remember what the error said.

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

I got the error The User Profile Service failed the logon message again.

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Well I did a system restore and it fixed it for now, I am very worried this is the third time in a month this has happened. I'm worried my PC might be getting ready to crash or something.

Edited by RebelGamer137, 30 October 2016 - 11:34 PM.

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

http://speccy.pirifo...ZDHYlxkhS4N2JX8

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Uninstall AVG PC TuneUp program don't use programs like this these kind of programs can cause the issue you are having. After you have uninstall the AVG PC TuneUp program open Services manager by typing Services.msc into Start Menu search box and see this AVG Theme Extension service also uninstalled if not disable this service and uninstall the program associated with AVG Theme Extension service.

Uninstalled AVG PC TuneUp but I could not find theme Extension, maybe it was not installed on my PC.

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Well that is good I suppose. If this happens again I will let you guys know.