Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP acivation

• Please log in to reply

paul hancock

paul hancock

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently got a message that my win xp pro software need activation in the next 3 days. This morning my pc said that I could not log in until I activated. I selected avtivate now and then got a screen saying that it was already activated. I then selected next and the got the message saying that xp needed activation! I just keep going around in circles. What do I do next? I've got pictures on there that I don't want to delete by reinstalling. HELP!!!!!!!!

thanks
paul hancock

Advertisements

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Apparently the techies at Microsoft have managed to mix up activation codes for Windows XP and XP Office. The result being many people have been issued with invalid codes.
You need to phone Microsoft, goto this site Microsoft and choose your location in the drop down menu for the relevant phone number.

paul hancock

paul hancock

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
not sure if its been activated properly through microsoft or through one of those activation tools! Only bought the PC 2 weeks ago through EBAY ,can't contact the seller. my main concern is recovering the photos.

thanks

paul hancock

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
contact microsoft...if the seller was a pc retailer of low repute (not an individual), Microsoft will give you a free copy of windows if you turn him/her in for pirating.