Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Protecting Smart TV and DVD player

• Please log in to reply

WilliamP

WilliamP

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
I have Att U verse phone and internet service. Also Direct TV service. With the recent attacks on the internet how can I keep someone from hi-lacking my smart devices.

Advertisements

HolyCowZ

HolyCowZ

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Honest answer is you can't you can only make it harder for someone to do. Get a good router with a nice firewall is the most you can do for your tv and research the tv before you buy it to see if it has any security built in allpy updates when available. Cover the tv camera if it has one and turn the mic off when not using it is another thing you can do.

I think the man in charge of the NSA or one of those agencies said he was excited about smart tvs saying now he could here and watch everyone  0..0 

For your phone it's probably the same advice just secure the router and firewall best you can if it updates apply when available and if it has any security settings use them.