Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

TCP connection failed

• Please log in to reply

bigpuppa91

bigpuppa91

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
:tazz: a prgram that i use called WinMX, a P2P prgram isnt working anymore. It doesnt connect to another persons computer and the connection times out. I tried reinstalling it and found that it cannot detect an incoming TCP connection which hadnt happened on my first installation. I checked my netowork properties and it still had the TCP connections ticked so i am unsure of what has happnd.

Please help
Black Bevens

Advertisements

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I have noticed a few Internet Service Providers have started to block file sharing program's ports.

bigpuppa91

bigpuppa91

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hmm how unfortunate. well is there anyway around this?

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
well if ur isp has done this then you should be able to change the port numbers to bypass the ports that are blocked

bigpuppa91

bigpuppa91

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
i dont have a clue what that is or how to do it.