Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant find my "local Security Settings"

• Please log in to reply

NOC

NOC

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I was going through me security event viewer and I say a bunch of successful logons from NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON (refer to item #1) during my computer session. I couldnt find much about it other that is common if youre running a server and ppl are browsing you webpage...problem is, im on a stand alone PC with no server. Did I get hacked here... is someone getting into my computer. I tried to change the "local Security settings" through the control panel but it's there in the admin tools. So is this usual, and if not, what do I do next?

Thx,
NOC

Item #1

Event Type: Success Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Logon/Logoff
Event ID: 540
Date: 6/16/2005
Time: 8:57:05 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON
Computer: (not admitted here)
Description:
Successful Network Logon:
User Name:
Domain:
Logon ID: (0x0,0x933407)
Logon Type: 3
Logon Process: NtLmSsp
Authentication Package: NTLM
Workstation Name: (not permitted here)
Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Advertisements