Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hijack log

• Please log in to reply

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
I did a remote assistance on my sister's pc, and ran hijack this and here is the log, just wonderiing if there's anything nasty on here.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 4:01:22 PM, on 9/12/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sessmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RDSHOST.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\HelpCtr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Big Swinky\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\notepad.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - Global Startup: LimeWire 4.0.7.lnk = C:\Program Files\LimeWire\LimeWire 4.0.7\LimeWire.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O12 - Plugin for .fpx: C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\PLUGINS\\NPRVRT32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .ivr: C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\PLUGINS\\NPRVRT32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {4C39376E-FA9D-4349-BACC-D305C1750EF3} (EPUImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg...l_v1-0-3-12.cab
O16 - DPF: {62475759-9E84-458E-A1AB-5D2C442ADFDE} - http://a1540.g.akama...meInstaller.exe
O16 - DPF: {8714912E-380D-11D5-B8AA-00D0B78F3D48} (Yahoo! Webcam Upload Wrapper) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yuplapp.cab
O16 - DPF: {B9191F79-5613-4C76-AA2A-398534BB8999} (YAddBook Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.c...utocomplete.cab

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Sorry, if she is using LimeWire to illegally download copyright songs, pictures, and/or movies, we can not help her. It is against or TOS (Terms of Service) to help a user that uses software for illegal purposes. <_<

The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal
software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account
terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having
obtained their software illegally.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
I understand that thought, but I live in Hawaii, she lives in Washington, and you live in texas, and neither of us know what she uses it for, so to just shun someone because they use the legal file sharing service is pretty [edited] up. A problem is a problem, and spyware or a virus can be picked up from anywhere, you know this as well as I do. I also know that the hijack log does not show what a certain program is used for, so if there is some sort of problem it could have showed up from limewire or anywebsite she might've visited or downloaded anything from. A problem is a problem, and it could be spread, and someone is asking for help with the problem and it looks like there isn't any here. Well I just gotta say that I realize you are just following policy, so nothing against you, but I'm out and im off to somewhere that generally wants to help someone, not just help the people that they THINK are being legal. Maybe your new policy should be to ask the user with the problem whether they have broken the law lately or not. So looong....

-=jonnyrotten=- <_< :D :D :P :o :D :D

ps. I wonder how many users u help with pirated versions of software??

admin: (this is a family forum, kindly watch your language)

Edited by admin, 12 September 2004 - 10:49 PM.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Oh ya one more thing, It was here that I was referred to Shareaza.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
It is against our terms of service to provide assistance with illegal software. Limewire is not illegal. :D I apologize for this misunderstanding. :D

ps. I wonder how many users u help with pirated versions of software??

We go out of our way to ensure Windows is not pirated, and never knowingly help anyone with ANY pirated software.

The log is clear. <_<
Although, there doesn't appear to be any antivirus software installed. We recommend the free version of AVG: http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Thank you. I apologize for the language. I also agree that illegal software is wrong, and I think that help with a computer problem is a different issue than help with illegal software, but when one is knowingly helping others fix illegal software then it is time to draw the line, because some of their problem might be the illegal software. So I apologize for getting upset to all.

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<