Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Menu/Cortana/Clock freezing

• Please log in to reply

Pedrinh0w

Pedrinh0w

• Pip
  • 1 posts

First of all i was infected with virus, malware.. So i removed this with kaspersky, and many other apps i tried to solve this..

-Adwcleaner

-Malwarebytes

-IObit

and apparently the virus and malware probs was gone.. 

But when this problem got fixed and properly deleted i got other error (My menu, cortana, clock.. can't open anymore)

i tried to 

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}    on powershell and nothing happens

Get-appxpackage -all shellexperience -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_1.0.0.2_neutral_ShellExperienceHost.laac0539cc_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml”)}  nothing happen again

so i tried reg.bat file 

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /V EnableXamlStartMenu /T REG_DWORD /D 0 /F 

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe 
start explorer.exe

then   sfc /scannow

I tried everything.. i lost the hope

anyone know other way to solve this?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Hey Pedrinh0w, welcome to Geeks to Go! :D

Try creating a new user profile, then see if the Start button and Cortana work.

If so, you'll want to clone your old (corrupted) profile to your new one, and delete the old one.

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.

• If you don't see the Tools menu, press Alt.

2. Click the View tab, and then click Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
3. Clear the Hide protected operating system files check box, click Yes to confirm, and then click OK.
4. Locate the C:\Users\Old_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and Old_Username is the name of the profile you want to copy files from.
5. Select all of the files and folders in this folder, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat
  • Ntuser.dat.log
  • Ntuser.ini

6. Click the Edit menu, and then click Copy.

• If you don't see the Edit menu, press Alt.

7. Locate the C:\Users\New_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and New_Username is the name of the new user profile you created.
8. Click the Edit menu, and then click Paste.

• If you don't see the Edit menu, press Alt.

9. Log off, and then log back on as the new user.
10. If you have e mail messages in an e mail program, you must import your e mail messages and addresses to the new user profile before you delete the old profile. If everything is working properly, you can delete the old profile.