Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wordpress - Migrating old site

wordpress cms migrating

• Please log in to reply

Becky101

Becky101

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi guys,

This seems like  silly question but i seriously can't find any solution via Google or existing threads.

So I have an existing website that was designed years ago by a previous employee. I have searched using whois and found the hosing and domain registrar info. However I will be building a new site using WordPress and don't know the info i need or the process to make sure the current domain points to the wordpress site. I won't be migrating it in terms of design & content - it will be a fresh start but I do want to migrate the domain and any authority it carries.

Thanks so much!

Becks

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Might look at Wordpress Domains.  

DominickLo

DominickLo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Website migration in WordPress is very easy with import and export tools . 

thedronefan101

thedronefan101

• Pip
  • 6 posts

You need to own the domain and you can control the domain direction only from registrar panel or the domain provider panel. Then from there, just pin point the nameserver to your hosting account