Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Home build gaming PC -black screens, blue + red screen of death, freez

gpu gpu driver failure motherboard game crash browers freeze black scree red screen blue screen error code

• Please log in to reply

Lalsa87

Lalsa87

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Sounds like my PC is totally non functioning but it is! I really need your help figuring out the problem. 

I built it 3 years ago with ASUS Radeon HD 7970 GPU - always had problems with intermittent game crashes and browsers closing down when surfing the net etc.  Thought it was the GPU, got in touch with ASUS followed all of their troubleshooting plus many others online but nothing worked.  Came to the conclusion it was a defective GPU so upgraded to Sapphire RX 480 a few weeks ago but problems are ongoing making it unlikely to be the GPU.  The crashes seem to be worse with high spec tasks like playing games (Witcher 3) - this may or may not be accurate - perhaps I'm more aware of it because it's so annoying being kicked out of the game multiple times in a row.

With the old GPU I used to get a "display driver error" pop up.  With the new GPU games or the internet still close down but there is no display driver error.

The DELL U2515H monitor is also new - could that be responsible for the new black screens? They occur intermittently for 1-2 seconds and then the picture is back to normal and I can continue what I was doing.

I have tried the GPU in both available PCIe slots with no change

Memtest 10 passes 0 errors

I've uninstalled, reinstalled all the drivers/Windows 10 (this problem still occured on Windows 8 prior to upgrade)

I've made sure to disable multi-screen + internal graphics in BIOS.  Running the build just with internal graphics seems to run smoothly but I'm unable to play games etc due to the spec.

Blue Screen of death errors:

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

NTFS.sys failed

DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

rtwlane_13.sys failed

BAD POOL CALLER

Spec:

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz   34 °C

Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 (CPUSocket)           36 °C

Graphics

DELL U2515H (2560x1440@60Hz)

4096MB ATI Radeon RX 480 Graphics (Sapphire/PCPartner)           48 °C

PSU

XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Storage

238GB PLEXTOR PX-256M5S (SSD)

1863GB Western Digital WDC WD2003FYYS-02W0B1 (SATA)

894GB SanDisk Ultra II 960GB (SSD)          25 °C

Really appreciate your help

** EDIT **

https://drive.google...WWs?usp=sharing

Link to dump files

Edited by Lalsa87, 26 October 2016 - 05:45 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

:welcome:   Lalsa87,

You have replies to your threads on two other forums in case you have not checked back.

We are always happy to help when we can but we cannot safely do so if you are already receiving assistance on any other forum, doing so may lead to confusion as to whose and what guidance you are following which can be both dangerous and costly, decide on which forum you wish to continue and as a courtesy let the other/s know that assistance is no longer required.

Thank you for your understanding.

Lalsa87

Lalsa87

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi

I've tried everything and nothing is working hence why asking my question in multiple areas.  I am able to assess which interventions I can and can't run simultaneously.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Hello Lalsa87,

We understand that computer problems can be stressful and in an attempt to resolve the problem/s folk will often post on multiple forums, this may be fine for the person that is asking for help but not those offering their help, what happens if you try something that hoses your computer, who would you blame, this is why it is best to stick with one site and hopefully resolve the issue, if the issue is not resolved offer your thanks and post elsewhere, it really is much safer.