Install latest version of the graphic card driver. Refer to Article 20870 for instructions on downloading / installing the latest drivers for your graphics card.
An overclocked processor (CPU), graphics card or memory can cause system instability.
- Run all hardware components at their default settings
- Refer to the motherboard’s manual for instructions on how to set hardware to default settings
The CPU and / or GPU may be overheating.
- Check the operating temperature of the CPU or GPU through the motherboard’s BIOS or use SpeedFan
- Refer to the motherboard manual for instructions
Ensure the temperature does not exceed the maximum operating temperature of the product.
Failing Hardware (processor, graphics card, motherboard and / or memory) can cause system instability.
If possible, try testing the hardware in another system to determine if the issue follows the hardware.
Run a memory test to determine the stability of the memory
- The following third party utility will test your memory for errors: Memtest86+
Check whether there are any loose cables stopping the fan(s) from spinning or blocking the air flow within the system case.
An inadequate or defective power supply (PSU) can cause BSOD.
Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer. Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.
To keep a record of your system profile at any given time, you can publish to the Web using Speccy. Speccy uses Piriform's servers to publish the profile without any identifying information. Each profile is given a unique URL. For an example, see:
The last part of each URL is randomized, so only people you provide with the URL will be able to find your profile.
Note: Each time you start Speccy, it will generate a new randomized URL. This is useful if you want to track your computer's information over time.
To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:
- In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
- In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
- Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.
- In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste. This will load a link to the Speccy log.