As my topic states, I'm looking to build my first ever computer from the ground up. I've had a few gaming/performance computers before, but they've all been pre-built. I don't want to limit my budget too much on this as I'm looking to splurge a little to get something that will last me and be 'future-proof', so to speak. However, I am new to this and want to make sure that the list i've compiled is compatible with eachother as I've been buying the parts little by little as I see them go on sale(Also expecting big things on Cyber Monday next month).
Anyway, here's my list:
- MSI X99A GAMING PRO CARBON LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Motherboards - Intel
- Intel Core i7-6800K 15M Broadwell-E 6-Core 3.4 GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W BX80671I76800K Desktop Processor
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 DirectX 12 GTX 1080 GAMING 8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support ATX Video Card
- SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7KE1T0BW
- G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2400C15D-32GVR
- be quiet! DARK BASE PRO 900 ATX Full Tower Computer Chassis - Black/Silver
- be quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W ATX 12V 80 Plus Platinum Modular Power Supply - Silentwings 3 Fan
- be quiet! DARK ROCK PRO 3 Silentwings CPU Cooler 250W TDP
- Windows 10 Home - 64-bit - OEM
- LG Electronics 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter without Software, Black Model WH14NS40 - OEM
- Asus ROG PG348Q Black 34” 3440x1440 , 100 Hz Curved IPS G-Sync (NVIDIA Adaptive Sync) 21:9 WQHD Gaming Monitor with speakers , High and Swift Adjustable
One thing I've heard people mention in reviews is that the GPU can't really handle anything past 1080P otherwise it starts to bottleneck. So 1440P or 4K is not good for that specific graphics card, which is what I'm trying to go for with the monitor I'm trying to get. The CPU was between the the 6800k and the 5820k, I still haven't bought this one yet, looking to see if anything might go down in price, but I hear that there isn't much of a difference to either other than price?
The Mobo is probably one of the biggest things i'm confused with, choosing one doesn't feel easy and looking at the descriptions for them feels like a convoluted process. I chose the MSI as I'm looking to fit a specific color scheme as well. And that was ultimately why I chose it over anything else, which is probably not a good determining factor.
This is a topic that I may like to continue to update as I receive everything and build it(and may need assistance), assuming the items on the list are compatible and/switch things out per advice.
The be quiet items I wanted to pair together to follow a coordinated theme for the build.
Lastly, do I need the optical? I know you can install OS on USB thumbdrive, but is the process really difficult? How about drivers?