Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

startup problem

• Please log in to reply

tenzi

tenzi

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
hi there all,
well i look for solution every where cn't find any solution till now hope anyone couldn't me out. system configuration of my laptop is p II 300mgh , 128 ram with the os upgrade to xp pro 2004 version. my problem goes like this
My problem occurs after that xp with dotted line goes below...
first a logon message appears which states" The system couldn't log on. Make sure username n domain name are correct". and after cliking ok button .. a new pages comes .. where it would be written windows is starting up after a while its seems like system freeze or hangs for more than 15 min!! after that system shows the screen saver .. and when i move my mouse .. it will show that previous logon message and cliking ok again would take me finally to that xp username page where u put once password .

can anyone help me out where system take so much time while its on windows is starting up page and yeh it appears even if i shut down my computer properly and also how to delete that logon message which state make sure username and domain are correct as i havn't made any domian at all.

oahh yeah i had my system upgrade from win 2000 to xp pro.
thank you all

Advertisements

tenzi

tenzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
can anyone help me out ? this long time take taken while startup really makes me mad..the pic is the one where programmes stops fro sometimes more than 30 min. and the average time taken is like 15 min. before i am shown that xp username n password page

Attached Thumbnails

• 0507013100.jpg

tenzi

tenzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
still now response !!!
Am desperately looking for response.. any geeek /administrator or anyone .. can help me out with this mess .. !!!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
when the system is up and running, right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES< choose COMPUTER NAME tab, choose CHANGE button.

Change the computer from domain to workgroup, if it is a workgroup, give it a new workgroup name, click OK, reboot.

tenzi

tenzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
will it not hamper my internet connectiion changing the name under the workgroup... rightnow its in workgroup. Or do u mean the computer name

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
it will not hamper your internet, but it will hamper network use if you are in a workgroup

We will change it back, this is just a test.

The domain message "The system couldn't log on. Make sure username n domain name are correct". and after cliking ok button "

is curious

mohsin

mohsin

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
i think its the burden that system is not taken of ... look its only 300 ..

and xp and 2000 take too much resources as i know .. but .. may be some other reason ..

did you try 98 or me on it ?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
that is a valid point....fitting xp onto that system is like putting on a pair of pants that is four sizes too small.

That said, the domain logon message does not fit with this scenario

tenzi

tenzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
thanks gerryf i guess the problem is kinda solved here but i still get 2 more probs here hope u guys can help me though i know the my system is not upto what it shoud be run xp..

Yeh my laptop was actually congured with 98. but i thought to upgrade to xp.. and and it did went okaii on first time. No mess up like rightnow.. but after that i formatted and put 2000pro and have again upgrade it to xp pro.

1. i am getting "Logon Message" saying Make sure ur username and domain are correct" why is being asked..

2. It had recently started showing this end programme erroe"MyCIO_Vsmain class" when ever i shut down my computer..

And thanks very much for the help

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the second sounds like a java error....and possible a trojan running in the background.

the first is still perplexing to me. Why did you "upgrade"

Did you know that you can install with the xp upgrade cd, and it will ask you to supply proof of previous OS (and you insert your windowsme or windows2000 cd and hit enter)

Upgrading from earlier OS's seem to cause peculiar problems from time to time, and if this has occured ever since the upgrade, I'm inclined to think that is your case.

Advertisements

tenzi

tenzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
as i stay online most of the time ........ i regularly run the adware, spyboot and registery optimizer.. and i have macAfee antivirus install in my machine but it shows this thing every day whenever i shut down my computer.

well i didn't know that .. i just had xp pro cd with me .. and i run it and choose the option upgrade while installing it. Yeh i also think like its becuase of the previous os.. the lay out of the username and password seems to be of 2000. So is there any possibility to mend this thing.

And one more trouble.. my system all sudden hangs and leaves patches behind if i drag the window. and some times when i clik clt+alt+del all the patches will be gone and system works fine for while but then it hangs again and it won't show that task manager at all.

Thanks very much for prompt reply

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
patches behind?

If you mean leaves video artifacts, I would say once again you are pushing this system beyond its ability with windows xp...minimum requirements are p2 300 with 128, but that is with all the eye candy turned off.

you could disable much of it and see if that improves performance by right cliking MY COMPUTER< choose PROPERTIES< choose ADVANCED, choose PERFORMANCE settings button, and choosing "BEST PERFORMANCE).

additionally, a hijackthis log might help us to see if something is running in the background that should not be

tenzi

tenzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
well gerryf clik on this best performance surely helped my computer to work better... thanks again for the help. About the hijack ....... i really don't know how to do it .. i had it installed once .. but i couldn't fine it in my system.
can u tell me how to do it

thanks gerryf u been grt help to me

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
click the link in my signature (at bottom)

download , unzip, run

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
then post log :tazz: