Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No idea where to post this - Computer runs slow after waking [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

tigger3370

tigger3370

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Hi. I have an older computer. It's runs well enough for what I use it for. However, most times when it wakes from sleep, it runs extremely slow. It takes many seconds for things that normally take less than a second. Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can start troubleshooting this issue?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jason

Advertisements

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

If you think this is Malware related you should open a topic in the Virus, Spyware, Malware removal forum here.

If you think it is related to the age or the computer, that is, software or maybe hardware then you should open a topic in the Operating Systems forum appropriate for your machines OS, that is, Windows XP or Windows 7 etc.

tigger3370

tigger3370

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

That's the problem.

I have no idea why it's doing it. I don't think it has to do with the age of the computer and I always do virus and malware scans. So, I'm back to asking for ideas of what to check.

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

So, I'm back to asking for ideas of what to check.

You still need to go to the appropriate forum.

Please refer to my post. In particular this part:

" you should open a topic in the Operating Systems forum appropriate for your machines OS, that is, Windows XP or Windows 7 etc."

That is, start a topic in the forum that answers questions about the Operating System your machine has.

tigger3370

tigger3370

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Fine. I did that. Even though I don't know that is an issue with the OS.

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

It's not that it might or might not be an issue with the OS. It's that the techs need to know what OS it is. Otherwise they don't know how to approach the problem. :)

tigger3370

tigger3370

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Can someone end/remove this thread? The conversation has been moved elsewhere.

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.