Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Web App Idea

python web application

• Please log in to reply

StanleyBubbs

StanleyBubbs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am a lawyer learning Python.  I am exploring development of an application for my own use and potential for marketing to other attorneys who do what I do.  I want to determine what is the best path to a minimally viable product.

A significant part of my practice involves the completion and submission of on-line appeal forms to a government agency.  The data to complete the forms is fairly standard, and for me resides in my Access Database. A significant issue in commercializing this app is addressing the types of databases individual lawyers may have.  But tabling that issue for the moment, this would be the application.
A website where the attorney visits. That site loads the government website forms,queries the attorney's local data, and populates the form fields with that data.  Is this doable in Django, Flask, Pyramid?  Any advise on how I approach this task?  Is there a better choice than Python?  thanks so much!

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,540 posts

Hey Stanley, welcome to Geeks to Go! :D

First, let me state that I'm not a developer. But I do know the server side language shouldn't affect what the end user experiences. Use the language your most comfortable and adept with, and secondarily that your server supports. Python is widely supported.