Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Novice trying to repair

• Please log in to reply

bellerae

bellerae

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Ok, tried to upload and install windows 10, pc blue screened, nothing, so bought new hard drive but would like to recover pictures from old hard drive, my tower has a place for 2 hard drives , my question is, could I put both hard drives in, and be able to retrieve my pictures off the old one all in the same tower? I don't know how better to explain it then that, but I would be great full for any help at all.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Should be able to, yes. Power down, connect the old drive, boot up into Windows and see if you view the files on the old drive in Windows Explorer.

bellerae

bellerae

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

so by adding the extra hard drive, I should be able to access the old one as well as the new one. because I think what happened, I didn't have enough memory to upload and install the 10, and caused my pc to crash. Does that sound logical? I could not even boot up in safe mode. Thanks so much for the help.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Yes. I have four connected to this computer's motherboard and they are all accessible in Windows Explorer.