Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

turbomac

• Please log in to reply

zombizombi

zombizombi

• Pip
  • 1 posts

i can't even get a post written!! Help me! i cant get rid of this thing! i tried malwarebytes over and over but it keeps coming back!!

It keeps reloading pages so I can't get a post written out, 'm so sorry. I've used malwarebytes and it keeps finding and removing stuff only to have it come back.

safari is forcing itself open even though i never use it.

i tried to clear cookies and reset chrome. still happening.

can't find weird extensions, apps, or files on computer by searching. don't know what to do. i've followed some "guides" I found on google to try and get rid of it but I can't. nothing is working. please help me

I have updated my mac OS as much as I can, I think it's the most recent one. 10.12.1 Sierra.

Edited by zombizombi, 30 October 2016 - 06:52 PM.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi zombizombi,

Welcome to GeeksToGo! :)

Have you tried resetting your Safari browser to it's default settings? To do so, please read the content in >>this<< link and try those to reset the browser.

If that does not work, post the system snapshot taken with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac, I can look at it and see if I see anything suspicious.

To locate the snapshpot, open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac and choose Take System Snapshot from the Scanner menu. Then, in the window that opens, select all the text (Edit → Select All), copy it and paste into a reply to this message.